Skip to main content

Customers Like to Think They are Slick

Today, was an interesting day.
I got to work in the kitchen today.
That was interesting.
Calling out orders and getting to dress the poboys. YAY!

It was pretty uneventful. Until the afternoon.  A customer came in and ordered a 5 piece fried chicken wings with shrimp fried rice plate.

Derek took her order.  Martin and I worked in the back and Martin boxed the order and put the plate up.  Derek checked the order and handed it to the customer (we will just say that this occurred at 1:30pm) and he then went to the back (1:35pm)to check on something.  About 1:40pm, the customer approached the counter and spoke to Shera, our other cashier, and basically said that she only got 4 chicken wings, not 5.  When I came to the front to see what was going on she spoke loudly to her companion and said, "You ate a wing, I ate a wing, and I got 2 wings left on my plate. That's only 4 wings. I'm about to get what I paid for."

I was not about to argue with this woman over a wing, so I asked Martin to get her another wing.

When Derek came back a few minutes later I asked him how long did she have her plate for before he went to the back.  He advised me that she had it for a good 5-7 minutes.  Enough to open the plate and eat the wing before realizing she was "missing" a wing.  Derek even told me he opened the box to make sure the toast, ranch, and utensils were in the box, and he saw that we had 5 wings on the plate.

I went out from behind the counter and picked up the trash and took the trays inside, I glanced at her plate...she had 3 wings on the side and another pile, at least 10 bones piled up. Drumstick is one bone and the flats is 2-3...She had enough wings.  Maybe in her head since she gave one to her companion, she only had 4. That was her logic...

Now, in most cases, my customer would literally BRING THE PLATE to the counter and show me that they truly only got 4 wings but she didn't.

I knew she was lying, but again, I did not feel like arguing with the woman.  There were other customers around and it was not worth it to start an argument over a wing...she must have been really hungry to have to lie about it.  If it was indeed where we mistakenly gave her 4 wings, it wouldn't have taken her 10 minutes to bring it to our attention.  Not only that, but she wouldn't have waited for the person who waited on her to go to the back before approaching the counter to speak with another cashier.  That right there tells you how truthful a person is.  This isn't the first time that's happened.  For example, when customers order a plate, our plates are served with french fries, salad, and toast. If customers would like, they have the option of getting no salad and all fries on the plate.  We do not have an upcharge for this, and customers are aware of it.  Previously, when we messed that up, we would offer them a small french fries on the side.  However, we started to recognize that it was the same people who would order the plate, NOT say anything about double french fries, and when the plate comes out, says we fixed it incorrectly.  Now, if that's the case, if it's not an upcharge, I apologize for the inconvenience and next time I will double check to make sure it's boxed correctly.  For the most part, customers understand that.  Others will argue for it, even when it's their mistake.

Honestly, no matter what field you decide to work on, you can't please everyone.

Karma is a bitch and eventually she will get what's coming for her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BTS World Tour Hunger Games Ticket Purchasing

So...April 24, BTS was announced for their Billboard nomination. Their comeback is set for May 18...Billboards are set to air May 20 so ARMY all over the world were speculating that they will be performing and that would be their comeback stage! AND WE WERE RIGHT!  Then, they announced tickets would go on sale on May 5, 10 AM...well at least for the Fort Worth location. It just so happens that it will be on the weekend before my birthday. I'm so excited! Getting the tickets was crazy! My niece and I manhandled 3 laptops & 2 Iphones. We logged onto AXS at around 9:15 and waited. At 9:30AM the pages automatically refreshed... My game plan was to get 3 of the 5 devices in the waiting room and the other 2 devices we'd go in at the time tickets went on sale. At 10:00 AM my nieces computer went straight into the "Are you a human?" screen and she was able to get the 2 tickets...unfortunately, it made her sign in. She ended up with the error message like so many ot

Since When Did a PoBoy Shop Start Serving Fried Dogs?!

An interesting thing happened at work yesterday.  The lunch rush had just finished and a call comes through on the line. Riiiinnnnggg!!! Riiiiinnnnggg!!! PoBoy USA, how can I help you? Yes, I was calling to find out what do you have on your menu? Is there anything specific you are inquiring about?  We offer different selections from seafood to chicken wing plates... Do you serve fried dogs? I'm sorry, what was that? Is this the place across from *garbled noise* Again, I'm sorry, what was that?  This is PoBoy USA. Are you across from the bank and the business center? Yes, that's us.  Is there something I can help you with? Do you serve fried dogs? I'm sorry, we do not, is there anything else I can help you with? I would like to make a suggestion to your menu. Okay, what suggestion would that be ma'am? You should add fried dogs to your menu. *snickering* No ma'am, that won't be happening anytime soon.  Is there anything else I can help you wit